Patrick Gong is Sara Lin’s best friend and previous crush. They attend the same high school and are in the same class. He's spiraled Sara in a string of bets that usually end up giving him a little extra pocket change.
History[edit | edit source]
Sometime prior to the series, Sara confessed her love to him. Patrick didn’t reciprocate those feelings and ultimately rejected her. They decided to remain best friends anyway.
Personality[edit | edit source]
A prankster at heart, Patrick has a tendency to pick on Sara, and pretty much everyone else, as often as possible. He's rather full of himself and will flirt with Rose whenever she approaches him (despite repeatedly telling him she's not interested), but it's unsure if he's seriously interested in her. Despite constantly picking on Sara, he truly does care for her well-being and even kisses her just so she doesn't lose a bet they made that would have led her to quitting the Newspaper Club.
Physical appearance[edit | edit source]
At 5'9", Patrick is of average height. He is lean with brown hair, strikingly blue "ocean" eyes, and large eyebrows.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Love Interests[edit | edit source]
- Sara Lin: Sara is Patrick's best friend. He initially rejected Sara during their Sophomore year because he didn't have romantic feelings for her. However, after Sara's attention turned to Joe, Patrick realized he does have romantic feelings for her. Unfortunately, he left Sara feeling confused and like he was a stranger rather than her best friend, so now his focus has turned to fixing their broken friendship.
Friends[edit | edit source]
- Tammy Yokoyama: Tammy is a friend of Patrick's from Sophomore year. Although Tammy hasn't officially confessed to Patrick, he does know that she has a crush on him and that she's the source of all the love letters he received. He has so far chosen not to address this and just continue their friendship as it has always been.
- Vicky Lin: Vicky is a friend of Patrick's through Sara. He often goes to her families restaurant to talk about Sara. Vicky is a source of direction when it comes to Patrick's feelings for Sara.
Family[edit | edit source]
- Bob Gong: Bob is Patrick's father. Like his wife and daughter, Bob has a tendency for the overdramatics as seen when Sandy walks in to Patrick looking at all of his love letters.
- Sandy Gong: Sandy is Patrick's mother. She is a very overdramatic women who loves her son dearly. When she sees all of Patrick's love letters, Sandy starts to refer to Patrick as her "beautiful son".
- Pearl Gong: Pearl is Patrick's 12-year-old sister and a source of great annoyance in his life. Despite that, he still listens to her pyramid scheme advice on how to rebuild his friendship with Sara and how it could eventually lead to a relationship.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
Season One[edit | edit source]
Season Two[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Patrick's favorite candy is Mint Chocolate Truffle.