Sara Lin is the protagonist of the Webtoon Original series “The Kiss Bet.” She is an 18-year-old high school Senior who is caught in a string of bets made with her best friend and ex-crush, Patrick Gong.
History[edit | edit source]
Prior to the start of the series, during their Sophomore year, Sara and Patrick became friends. Sara quickly developed a crush on Patrick and confessed her feelings to him. Patrick didn’t see Sara as anything more than a friend and rejected her. Instead of confronting the issue, the duo decided to pretend that Sara never confessed in the first place and just remain best friends.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Sara is a kind, witty, and sarcastic girl who is quick to clam up when it comes to talking to boys (besides Patrick). She’s always gearing to take on Patrick’s bets, but can hardly muster the courage to go through with them in a timely manner.
Physical appearance[edit | edit source]
Standing at only 4’10”, Sara is a petite girl with a slender frame. She has bright red shoulder length hair and amber eyes. Even though Sara doesn't seem particularly athletic, it's shown that she is a fast runner.
Activities[edit | edit source]
- Newspaper Club: Sara recently joined the Newspaper Club after she found out that Joe was joining, too. She had a slight interest in the club before because loves writing, but didn't feel the need to join until then.
- Blogging: Sara is an active blogger about her life/problems, something her cousin Vicky follows closely.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Love Interests[edit | edit source]
- Joe Yang: Joe is the new boy at school and conveniently sits right in front of Sara. Like the other girls in class, Sara quickly developed a crush on him and decided that he would be her first kiss. She decides to give up on Joe after she overhears him confess to her cousin, Vicky. However, Vicky turns him down and asks that he consider Sara instead. Joe puts some thought into and decides he does like Sara’s quirkinesses.
- Patrick Gong (previous): Patrick has been Sara’s best friend since Sophomore year of high school. She confessed to him prior to the series start, but was swiftly rejected because Patrick thought of her only as a friend. However, ever since Sara’s attention turned to Joe, Patrick has come to realize he does have feelings for her.
Friends[edit | edit source]
- Oliver Yang: Oliver is Sara’s tutor. Their relationship was initially tense because Sara asked to kiss him on a bet. The two gradually grew closer after Sara explained the awkward situation.
- Lulu: Lulu is a friend of Sara’s from before high school. Although the two seem to have grown apart since Lulu discovered her own magical friend group, they still talk and Sara goes to Lulu for occasional tarot readings.
- Tammy Yokoyama: Tammy is another friend of Sara’s. They don’t seem particularly close anymore, but still hang out due to their mutual friendship with Patrick. Sara is aware that Tammy has a crush on Patrick and Tammy is equally aware that Patrick has a crush on Sara, but it doesn’t seem to strain the girls friendship.
Family[edit | edit source]
- Vicky Lin: Vicky is Sara’s cousin and best friend. The girls are extremely close despite going to different schools. They spend as much time together as they can outside of school.
- Richard Lin: Richard is Sara’s dad. He is a classical rock fanatic and sarcastic man, much like his daughter. He is quick to judge any boys that come around Sara, but does so only in a semi-serious manner.
- Mother: Not much is known about Sara's mom.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
Season One[edit | edit source]
Season Two[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sara was originally meant to be a brunette, but her hair was changed to red after Ingrid played with the saturation and her friend started referring to Sara as “the red head”.